8 THINGS YOU CAN SAY TO YOUR LOCAL MP WHEN TALKING ABOUT LEVER ACTIONS:
by Neil Jenkins from the http://www.firearmscouncil.org.au website
Shooters concerned about the lever action ban should contact their local member of parliament to stop the proposed ban on lever actions. Doing this is also important for our longer term fight for better firearm policies.
When you do go, there are EIGHT simple things we suggest you say to your MP.
1. Why you have firearms: Tell them why you have firearms. For example, that you hunt deer, or you inherited your firearms from within the family;
2. What you enjoy about shooting: Give them an example. For example, that you love to spend a couple of days each month enjoying the outdoors, or the comradeship of target shooting prize meetings;
3. How you will be affected: Tell them how the ban will affect you. Tell them the ban is nothing more than another arbitrary attack on shooters and you are concerned for the future of shooting. If you do not have a lever action and the MP zeros in on this fact, tell them it is no different to how politicians stick together on issues such as the carbon tax: we’re sticking together on lever actions. Do not allow the MP dwell on the merits of the “the gun”: bring them back to the broader issue of this being “another arbitrary attack on shooters”. The fact this is about lever actions is irrelevant: this is a fight over firearms policy. Last time it was about handguns (2002) and before that, semi-automatics (1996). Now it’s lever actions;
4. Shooters are vetted by Victoria Police: Tell them you cannot hold a shooters licence or buy a firearm without being approved to do so by the Victoria Police which demonstrates you are a trust worthy citizen. Without their approval, you can’t get legal access to any sort of firearm, let alone a lever action firearm;
5. You vote: Tell them this issue is important to you, and the other 800,000 or so shooters across Australia. Tell them that like 1996, and other elections where there has been a strong pro-shooting vote, this is important enough to affect how you vote at the next election;
6. Shooting industry action: Tell them the major shooting organisations are mobilising on this issue and gun owners are being urged to see their MPs;
7. Lack of a problem: Tell your MP there has been no problem in our society with the ownership of lever action rifles for over 140 years. The government is responding to nothing more than a YouTube clip showing the operation of a limited capacity lever action in skilled hands – and we hope the government bases its decisions on something more than that!;
8. Lever action is old technology: Lever action is not rapid fire. People who say it is have generally never handled a firearm let alone something with a rapid fire action. Lever action is old technology that is more synonymous with the Battle of Little Bighorn than any modern context. It is synonymous with Hollywood legends such as John Wayne;
The Martin Place siege: It is possible the MP will tell you the work at national level started with the Martin Place siege. That’s got nothing to do with the lever action issue. The offender did not have a firearm licence nor did he use a lever action. Tell the MP the Martin Place siege became an excuse to address the Adler YouTube video.
Ask what your MP will do to fight the ban. Don’t accept vague or unclear answers. If they won’t give you a straight answer, you will have at least made your point, loud and clear. Job done!
If you are in Victoria, Click here to find the details of your local MP for your electorate (listed alphabetically). Click here if you don’t know what electorate you are in.
NEW MOBILE FRIENDLY TEMPLATE ON ITS WAY!! This should make browsing OZGUNSALES on mobile devices even easier.
NEW REGISTERED USERS
Check your SPAM folder for the confirmation email & click on the link to activate your account. Without doing this you cannot post ads
Ozgunsales Dealers You may have noticed we have streamlined the way ads are now placed to make things Quicker for You. You do not need to do Step 2 and choose a Package its automatic now and if you still have remaining credits the total at the end will discounted for your advert. If you do reach your limit and we have not already invoiced you for more credits please contact us via phone or email email@example.com and we will promptly resume your service and invoice you. If you have any questions feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
VICTORIAN SELLERS- OZgunsales is owned and operated by a Licensed Firearms Dealer in Victoria. Under Victorian Legislation - Only licensed firearm dealers may advertise the sale of a firearm
"therefore advertising your firearm with us at ozgunsales as an individual is legal"
Don't risk using social media or other websites that may not be run by a dealer .
If you have any further questions about advertising with us please email - email@example.com (note: All Transfers must still be made through your nominated Licenced Firearms dealer and these details included in your advertisment when listing)
Check out our New Today category for new listings added daily! Want to see what has been selling .. click on Just Sold.
Also try out the Advanced Search feature for a fast & precise way to find what you are looking for.
You will notice now you can sort your listing views by the column headers - Want Lowest to Highest Price or visa versa click on Price. Choose to view similar items by selecting Title which will group similar titles together for you to look at.
Want to group listings by State.. no worries just click on the column at the top of the page.
Placing Ads- Listing of ads is still pretty much the same as the old site with only a few changes.
Just a note on best image sizing for your listings. Sizing for listing images are 2500 px width x 1000 px height max when uploaded, It is Best to crop your images so when they are thumb nailed they can produce an image approx of 500 pixels wide x 150 pixels high. Please Crop your images before uploading & with watermarked photos make sure they include your information and not other websites.
Remember ANYONE can advertise on ozgunsales.com as long as you follow the rules of our site, the Federal and State Laws. Registration is free, you just pay for the ad you want to list, If you have a few guns you want to sell contact us for bulk listing discounts. Don't forget to check the Wanted Ads somone might be looking for what you have to sell!, Wanted ads are still FREE to list! (1 per person) email support for a code. Sign up to our newsletter to get updates on great gun deals while your at it.
Firearms Dealers & Suppliers contact - firstname.lastname@example.org for Bulk Listings & Banner advertising pricing.
Melbourne Firearms Centre.
www.ozgunsales.com - The Best Place to Buy and Sell New and Used Guns in Australia !
We have new & used shotguns, new & used rifles, Militaria / military rifles, new & used rimfire rifles, new & used centrefire rifles, new & used handguns, pistols, revolvers, combination guns, new & used rifle scopes, archery & hunting bows as well as shooting, hunting & outdoor equipment.
This wonderful business is for sale due to the present owner now wanting to retire so if you want to escape the mainland heat and enjoy a better climate along with excellent trout and saltwater fishing opportunities then this may be the business for you.
The business is making a profit and would be very well suited to a husband and wife team - a web site is set up and expansion exists in on-line sales particularly in regard to the recent addition of fishing gear due to the closure of a long standing local fishing shop.
This business is for sale at $330,000- which consists of stock,fixtures and fittings and no goodwill.
New Norfolk Gunshop
43 High Street
New Norfolk Tasmania 7140
PH: (03) 62613444
Saturday 22nd AUGUST 2015, 9am - 5pm , Sunday 23rd AUGUST 2015 9am - 3pm
Bendigo Major League Multisports 1 - 3 Waterson Court, Golden Square. This new venue is larger, more secure, and modern.
ENTRY: FAMILY $10, SINGLE $5, CONCESSION $4
The BIG SHOW Guns Militaria, Antiques & Collectables Fair is on the 22nd & 23rd of August 2015 at the Toowoomba showgrounds we have 300 of the 8 foot tables full of gear for sale. (plus floor space of a few antiques including furniture,jewelery & general collectables ) Ammunition, loading equipment ,(no powder or primers ) Modern & Antique firearms, Swords, medals, badges, books, uniforms, headgear, knives, collectables of all types, bank notes & coins, outdoor gear, firearm parts.s omething for everyone DONT MISS IT !! also fund raising display for war dogs (armed forces & police force) join a Collectors guild /club or the shooters union. Doors open Saturday -9 to 5 & Sunday 9-2 adults $10 Aged pension $8 Children under 15 free
Would you like to see a Indoor Shooting Range in Pakenham South Gippsland Victoria?
Southern Cross Firearms plan to build the first ever firearm business in Australia with an onsite, state-of-the-art, multi-level, indoor shooting range in Pakenham, Victoria.
But first, they need people to sign a petition to help support the application to the Cardina Shire Council. We think this is a great idea and opportunity for hopefully the first and many more to follow around the country.
NIOA HIGHLIGHTS RIDICULOUS WA LEGISLATION
How would you feel when approved legislation for firearm owners in Western Australia, can be declared null and void simply by the whim and opinion of one person? Follow the link to learn more:CLICK HERE!
Anti Vilification Petition
It is incredibly hard not to get frustrated by being constantly attacked and vilified by The Greens, but here is an opportunity for us all to stand together.
Head over to the website and sign the petition to try and put a stop to it.